Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The New Me

I went through quite a few fairly extreme changes within the first half of 2017. When the year started, I had felt as if I had lost myself completely; I was aching to feel the connection with myself that I had always so confidently grasped. I was experiencing several grief-inducing life hurtles at the time and had lost my sense of self in the process. This photo shoot was important to me because, not only was it my first shoot of the year, but it was also the beginning of my artistic reconnection with myself. I dressed in what I felt truly represented who I was and during the entirety of the shoot, my heart was set ablaze with inspiration and motivation to do ME to the max for the rest of the year. And I’m very happy to say that I did just that. :)

These photos were shot by the extremely talented photographer, Eric Carroll. The entirety of the shoot was spent laughing our asses off, even though we were meeting for the first time. From the moment I walked into his home, we acted as if we had known each other for years and the sentiment was true. Eric is an absolute pleasure to work with and we are already discussing plans for our next collaborative shoot together. ;)

Self-stylized.

www.ericcarrollphotography.com





No comments:

Post a Comment