Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Pyromaniac

This shoot was one of the most fun I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of.
When I first walked into Steve Meier's studio, I had never imagined that the shoot would involve setting my hand on fire over and over again- painlessly. 
We got the moody, extra-terrestrial shots we had discussed before meeting, but as the shoot progressed, we got more and more excited and kept throwing in additional elements to fabricate a shoot that was truly out of this world. 
We shot with different colored gels, a smoke machine, and, as you can see below, we lit my hand on fire. We did this by mixing dish soap and water in a pot, then agitating the water with a bottle of butane until a decent amount of bubbles had formed. Then, I took the bubbles into my hand and, with a lighter, lit them, which quickly burned up in a beautiful little fiery inferno. It didn't hurt a bit and was quite the spectacle. 
(Don't try this at home, kids)
I'm a bit of a pyro so this shoot was way too much fun for me. And I think the photos speak for themselves: 
Shoot = success!

Photos by www.facebook.com/SteveMeierPhotography

Self-stylized.












No comments:

Post a Comment